Christian Fiction Story
Episode 1
Taking a look at the motor park, I limped down to the bus stop and sat on a wooden chair at Dablo Motor Park. I bowed my head in frustration and resignation. It's a pity that things are turning out like this. The flashback of my conversation with my brother came to me.
“Shut up! You don't get to talk when I'm talking.”
“But you are not listening to the side of my story! Am I not your brother?”
“Brother my foot! You locked out my fiancée, while you brought in your own guys in my own house.”
“That's not true at all. I was the one who got locked out!”
“Are you implying that Ada is lying? You know what? Just leave I don’t want to see you again.”
“But…” An ear-deafening slap on my cheeks took the words out of my mouth.
“I said get out! He screamed at me.
“Chris, I promise you will regret this.” I said and went out.
I wiped a tear from my eye, the numbness I felt finally giving way to the hurt I feel inside. If only he knew the real story of what had happened, He would be amazed at the conversation Ada, his fiancée, had behind his back.
“Ada, we can’t ever be back together, it’s over 7 years ago. Just let go.”
“I never forgot you all these years since you moved to Ukraine. I tried to move on. Eventually I found Chris, unaware he was your brother.”
“I didn’t forget you too. But the past is not the future. The past is the past.”
“No, James. Imagine my shock when Chris introduced me to you last week. Don’t you think it is God’s way of bringing us back together?”
“No. This doesn’t need God’s involvement. It is common sense. I can’t take care of you. I’m a homeless, jobless guy. My brother is in love with you and so are you and he’s capable of taking care of you.”
“I thought I loved him until I met you.” She came closer to me. “I can see it in your eyes, you still love me Chrisboy, don’t you.”
I looked away uneasy. “I don’t and don’t call me that.”
She chuckled. “You are lying. You avoid eye contacts when you are lying.”
I looked at her. “You’re a very attractive lady. And you have everything a man would desire. But I can’t do this to my brother. Besides I’m not capable enough to have you. My life needs to have meaning before bringing a woman in.”
I walked out into the night aware that my brother won’t be home that night. I didn’t trust myself or her to stay in the same room with her.
Ada was my childhood lover. We dated throughout our senior secondary 1 and 2. Throughout that period of my childhood, brother was in the States with my mother so he never knew her. Eventually, my father and I moved overseas to stay with her mum and him. Ada and I lost contact. Ten years later, we had lost almost everything. We were forced to move back to Nigeria.
Things began to pick up for us as we got our respective jobs. Months later, Steve (my brother) introduced Ada to me as his fiancee. Imagine our surprise when we saw each other.
“Oga! You wey you sit down for there. You wan enter bus, abi wetin? You no fit sit down for here.”
“No vex, oga.”
I stood up and left, walking aimlessly. I had nowhere to go. I was thrown out of my apartment when I lost my job last week. I've been squatting with my brother.
“Oga look where you dey go.” An okada driver snapped at me
Smiled briefly at him and moved away while he maneuvered through the traffic.
I continued my wandering. The night was beginning to beckon and I still did not have a place to lay my head for the night.
Entering a tunnel I saw a blue car slowly tailing me from behind. I entered to another turning and the car turned not slowly behind me. Wondering what was going on, I stopped looking at the car waiting for it to pass by me. The car pulled up to the front of me and parked. The dark windshield wind down gradually.
A man with full afro hair and thick glasses peered at me. He looked like a cross between a nerd and a celebrity. Maybe he was just a wealthy businessman who had nothing to do but exercise his car. Or perhaps, he’s a wanna-be politician looking for a victim to use for sacrifice to gain stardom.
“Who are you and why are you following me around?” I wasted no time in asking.
“You need help don't you?” He peered curiously at me.
I was getting a bit annoyed, scared even. “I don't know what you want but I'm not your victim.”
The man laughed heartily. “My name is George. I'm not a Yahoo boy.”
I hissed and continued walking. Now is not the time to compound the multitude of problem I had already.
He got out of the car ran after me. “Chris, Wait!” He shouted.
I stopped short in my tracks. I turn back looking at him suspiciously. “How did you know my name?”
He paused briefly realizing his mistake. Apparently, it was obvious from his expression, that I was not supposed to know that he knows me. He sighed. “Come with me into the car,and I’ll explain to you how I know your name.”
“Do you think I’m a fool?”
“Do you know Ada?” He asked, ignoring my resistance.
“Yes. So?”
“She's out there to get you and she's not going to stop until she gets what she wants. She wants your crown because she knows you're a prince.”
Wait? What Prince? I looked at him, stupefied.
This is why I asked you to get into the car I can explain everything to you year I'm sent to keep you safe and help you when you have to trust me.
I followed him to the car. I sat down, stupified by what I just heard.
*******
Enjoyed it? Stay tuned for more episodes.
PS: if you enjoyed this story,, check out my podcast: Beulah Words Podcast
Comments
Post a Comment